July 1st was officially summer! We always experience “June Gloom” in Los Angeles, and I have to say, today was beautiful. For lunch, we walked over to Typhoon – an asian fusion restaurant at the Santa Monica Airport, then cruised through the airport swap meet on the way home. It’s been a lovely Sunday, and now I have a semi-shortened week before my bachelorette party in VEGAS! Can’t tell you how excited I am 🙂
LEMON ASPARAGUS PASTA SALAD
adapted from created by diane
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 4 oz crumbled light feta cheese
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 leaves fresh basil leaves
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, then put pasta in an ice bath.
2. Cut and roast asparagus in a hot skillet until al dente. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
3. Drain pasta. Mix olive oil with the lemon juice and pressed garlic. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds, remove and whisk. Continue whisking while adding in the oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour the roasted asparagus, feta cheese, and oil mixture over the pasta. Toss until combined, then add sea salt and pepper to taste. Tear the basil over the pasta and mix. Serve chilled!