Yum… last night’s dinner was a great send-off for my boyfriend who is heading out for yet another weekend out of town. Delicious meals can only be accompanied by delicious wines (and water), and last night we had ours with Francis Coppola Chardonnay. Mmm…
Glazed Salmon & Caramelized Red Potatoes
BALSAMIC GLAZED SALMON ON A BED OF ARUGULA
(adapted from mykitchenintherockies)
1 lb salmon (wild salmon from Alaska is the most eco-friendly choice)
2 tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt and pepper
1/2 cup good balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoons light maple syrup
1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, pressed
Organic baby arugula, about a handful for each plate served
1. Heat a grill and baste with oil.
2. In a small pan, heat balsamic vinegar, syrup, mustard, and garlic. Bring to a boil and simmer on low for about 12 minutes. Set aside until ready to use.
3. Rub salmon steaks with olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Cook salmon on grill for about 5 minutes on each side. Plate salmon on a bed of arugula, and drizzle with glaze.
CARAMELIZED RED POTATOES AND CARROTS
(adapted from My Fabulous Recipes)
8-10 small red potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
2 medium carrots, sliced into 1/2 inch circles
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tbsp butter
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat 1-inch water to boiling in 3-quart saucepan. Add potatoes and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Continue to boil about 3-5 minutes and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook about 12 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
2. When the potatoes are tender (and most of the water is absorbed) add butter, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt, and pepper; stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to simmer until the sauce thickens. Serve with salmon.