Another recipe adapted from Rachel Ray, haha, I love her ideas! Another healthy treat (also inexpensive, which is a plus) that doesn’t take very long…
SIRLOIN STEAK, ARUGULA, AND POTATO SALAD
- 3/4 pound sirloin steak (or any lean cut that you prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound large red potatoes (about 4 potatoes), cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- Fresh lemon juice from 1/2 a medium to large size lemon
- 1.5 cups packed baby arugula
1. Preheat a grill to medium-high OR preheat a George Foreman (I use this one, and it works fabulously!). Rub the steak with the paprika and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper (1/4 teaspoon each side); let sit. Meanwhile, in a large pot, combine the potatoes and enough salted water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add the olive oil, garlic and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
2. Arrange the potatoes on the grill and cook (if not using a George Foreman, be sure to turn once) until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer the grilled potatoes back into the bowl and let cool. Toss in the arugula and mix.
3. Grill the steak, turning once, for about 7 to 8 minutes for a medium-well finish. Slice into think pieces and serve over the potato salad.